5 Must-See Network Sessions at Google Cloud Next ‘18
This article originally appeared on the Google Cloud Platform Blog.
Note: If you can't attend Google Next '18 in person, you can tune to Next OnAir and watch these sessions on Google's livestream.
Whether you’re moving data to or from Google Cloud, or are knee-deep plumbing your cloud network architecture, there’s a lot to learn at Google Cloud Next 2018 next week in San Francisco). Here’s Google's shortlist of the five must-see networking breakout sessions at the show, in chronological order from Wednesday to Thursday.
Operations engineer, Rebekah Roediger, delivering cloud network capacity one link at a time, in Google's Netherlands cloud region (europe-west4).
- Speakers: Ines Envid, Senior Product Manager, Yuri Solodkin, Staff Software Engineer and Vineet Bhan, Head of Security Partnerships
- Network and security telemetry is fundamental to operate your deployments in public clouds with confidence, providing the required visibility on the behavior of your network and access control firewalls.
- When: July 24th, 2018 12:35pm
- Speakers: Srinath Padmanabhan, Networking Product Marketing Manager, Google Cloud and Nick Jacques, Lead Cloud Engineer, Target
- This session covers the valuable advancements that have been made in GCP Networking over the last year. Google will introduce you to the GCP Network team and will tell you about what you can do to extract the most value from your GCP Deployment.
- When: July 24th, 2018 1:55pm
- Speakers: Prajakta Joshi, Sr. Product Manager and Mike Columbus, Networking Specialist Team Manager
- Google Cloud Load Balancing lets enterprises and cloud-native companies deliver highly available, scalable, low-latency cloud services with a global footprint. You will see demos and learn how enterprise customers deploy Cloud Load Balancing and the best practices they use to deliver smart, secure, modern services across the globe.
- When: July 25th, 2018 12:35pm
- Speaker: John Veizades, Product Manager, Google Cloud
- In this session, you will learn how to connect to GCP with highly reliable and secure networking to support extending your data center networks into the cloud. This session will cover details of resilient routing techniques, access to Google API from on premise networks, connection locations, and partners that support connectivity to GCP -- all designed to support mission-critical network connectivity to GCP.
- When: July 26th, 2018 11:40am
- Speakers: Emanuele Mazza, Networking Product Specialist, Google, Neha Pattan, Software Engineer, Google and Kamal Congevaram Muralidharan, Senior Member Technical Staff, Paypal
- This session will walk you through the unique operational advantages of GCP VPC for your enterprise cloud deployments. The Google Team will go through detailed use cases, how to seal and audit your VPC, how to extend your VPC to on-prem in hybrid scenarios, and how to deploy highly available services.
- When: July 26th, 2018 9:00am
Be sure to reserve your spot in these sessions today—space is filling up!