5 Steps to Controlling Your Company’s Apps & Extensions
Google Chrome is both a browser and an operating system. In fact Chrome leads the market as the most popular web browser.
Do you work for an institution that requires control over which applications or extensions your users access? Perhaps your business is in a regulated industry like finance, insurance legal; or maybe you’re an educational or governmental organization.
Here's the simple 5 Step Process:
1. As a Super Admin, log into your Google Apps Admin Console http://admin.google.com.
2. Make your way to Chrome Management
3. Then select User Settings.
4. Depending on your desktop screen size you may need to scroll down a couple of scrolls; until you get to the heading 'Apps and Extensions'
5. Select your control preference.You then are given many options such as 'Allow all apps and extensions except the ones I block' or for greater control, 'Block all apps and extension except for the ones I allow'. You can also determine which apps and extensions you're going to pre-install.
Note:The interface for selecting apps/extensions to block or allow is exactly the same.