Classrooms Now Available For Google Apps EDU
Google prides itself in supporting education and since the inception of Google Apps, they've provided the full suite completely for free to K-12 schools, colleges, and universities. Earlier this year, Google began testing a new learning management system built into Google Apps for EDU called Classroom, that looks to simplify distribution and grading of assignments.
Like Google Apps for EDU, Classroom is also a free service that connects and integrates directly with the other elements of the Google suite including Gmail, Docs, Calendar, and Drive. The system allows teachers to seamlessly manage and monitor classes they've created, add/modify students, create assignments, grade work, and more. Teachers can also leverage features such as document collaboration and automated folder creation in Drive to keep everything organized and students focused.
Both teachers and students will have dashboards that provide an easy to use interfaces where they can stay on top of assignments and receive real time feedback. Since the preview began in May, over 100,000 teachers from more than 45 countries have signed up. Take a look below for more info and a list of key features.
Benefits for Classes
- Easy to Set Up: Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
- Saves Time: The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review, and grade assignments quickly, all in one place.
- Improves Organization: Students can see all of their assignments on an assignments page, and all class materials are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
- Enhances Communication: Classroom allows teachers to send announcements and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other or provide answers to questions on the stream.
- Affordable and Secure: Like the rest of our Google Apps for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free for schools.
Start a Google G Suite Trial
With your Google G Suite account, you’ll have access to email, video conferences, online storage, and other business tools. With UpCurve Cloud you get personalized and prompt service from a Google certified sales engineer, during your 2 week trial at no additional cost.