The 2nd day of Google Cloud Next 2018 in San Francisco continued with a heavy focus on using machine learning to improve the way we do work and safeguards to protect data. Google's commitment to artificial intelligence and security was evident in today’s keynotes that included a large number of product updates, new features, partnerships, and much more. Check out below for a breakdown today’s announcements:
- The new Gmail available to all G Suite customers so that, in addition to baked-in security features, more companies can take advantage of features like redesigned security warnings, snooze, offline access and more.
- Google introduced Cloud Search last year to make it easy to find information across G Suite in a way that’s intuitive and assistive. New Cloud Search functionality available today to help companies intelligently and securely index their third-party data beyond G Suite, whether that data is stored in the cloud, or on-prem.
Cloud Search’s new functionality will be available to G Suite Enterprise customers as well as any company looking to power their enterprise search needs as a new standalone offering
- Enterprise version of Google Voice for G Suite now available in the early adopter program. In addition to existing features, people have used for years with Google Voice, it's now tightly integrated with G Suite apps including Hangouts Meet and Google Calendar. Administrators will love the ability to comfortably deploy and manage their team with features including provisioning, porting numbers, access to detailed reports and setting up call routing.
AI-powered features in Voice will also help facilitate voicemail transcriptions and spam filtering, eliminating disruptions for employees so they can focus on what's important.
- Google Drive Enterprise, a standalone version of the same Drive we all love in G Suite for organizations that only want to utilize the platforms content storage and productivity applications. With Drive Enterprise, businesses can move their content to the cloud in Google Drive, and employees can create and collaborate securely with tools like Docs, Sheets and Slides without disrupting other legacy office productivity tools.
- New G Suite Integrations released that make it easier to use G Suite with existing legacy tools so that you can avoid interruptions at work. Whether it's making sure your calendar details stay intact between Microsoft Exchange and Google Calendar, providing new ways to integrate Hangout Meet with existing hardware, making it easier to collaborate with teams outside of your domain and more, Google is focused on building solutions to make your workday easier.
Contact Us to Learn More about Transforming Your Business