June 2015 Marketing Automation Bootcamp Recap: Leads
On June 9th, we had our Marketing Automation Bootcamp focusing on Leads with Brandon Contreras from Act-On Software. In this bootcamp, we covered specifically how the Act-On and SugarCRM combination is a very powerful lead marketing and sales tool including:
- How to determine what is a HOT lead
- How to Capture, Nurture and Score Leads
- How to create an Automated Marketing Program
- Customer Use Case Spotlight: Bradley Corp.
A huge thanks to everyone who participated in this bootcamp! Below is the recording from the meeting, questions & answers and more information about the customer use case spotlight that Brandon presented.
Still have more questions about marketing automation or Act-On Marketing Software? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
Bootcamp Video Recording
Questions & Answers
1. I do not have Act-On. Is this something that needs to be purchased separately?
Act-On is a software-as-a-service, cloud-based marketing automation solution that combined with SugarCRM can be a very powerful lead marketing and sales tool.
Using the Act-On platform, marketers can easily:
- Manage and optimize all the stages of the customer experience
- Follow the money by attributing marketing spend to revenue
- Track each prospect’s activity from initial engagement and conversions to closed sales and repeat sales, and beyond
- Report on campaigns, from high levels to detailed drilldowns
For more information about Act-On visit: upcurvecloud.com/products/act-on-marketing-automation
2. What is Act-On’s competitive advantage of others in the marketing automation space such as InBox25?
The biggest competitive advantage that Act-On has is their unlimited, personalized customer care.
Each account comes with a dedicated Customer Success Manager (CSM) that is there as a constant resource for you. Your CSM can typically provide training for you and your team, make sure the technology is running smoothly, and help you develop the strategy and tactics you’ll need to achieve your goals.
At UpCurve Cloud, we have come to think of our Customer Success Manager as an integral part of our marketing department, and know that we can always reach out to her to help get the most value out of our Act-On solutions.
3. Would you say that functionality across the competitors is similar?
Most of our competitors offer the same functionality as Act-On. However, Act-On stands out in two areas:
- Act-On’s streamlined user interface has received positive feedback from their customers. Compared to many of competitors the interface allows anyone with basic computer knowledge to get up and running within Act-On very quickly.
- Unrivaled support (see question #2) with a dedicated Customer Success Manager, toll free lines, lifetime support and unlimited training at NO CHARGE
Customer Use Case Spotlight: Bradley Corp.
Bradley Corp. outgrew its email marketing solution and sought a marketing automation platform that could deliver more than just email. The company wanted to increase its number of outbound campaigns per year and automate programs based on behavioral profiles and actions taken on its website. After assessing multiple platforms, Bradley was confident that Act-On could deliver on its objectives.
The sales reps at Bradley Corp. used to make cold calls; now they make calls based on Act-On data that lets them know which customers are interested, which products they have viewed, and where they're located. As a result, sales calls have increased in timeliness, and are more relevant as a result. Act-On has helped Bradley Corp. improve its lead management, shorten its sales cycle, and ultimately grow the business.
"We run a high volume of campaigns and need to be able to prioritize the leads we generate based on level of interest and intent to buy. This is data that Act-On allows us to report on," said Steve Thielke, Marketing Specialist at Bradley Corp. "Act-On demonstrates the power of technology and the future of how business is done. Act-On allows us to make more informed decisions, and is an ideal tool for anyone looking to take their marketing programs to the next level."
To read more about Bradley Corp.'s success using Act-On, visit the Marketing Action blog.