Lead Nurturing and Lead Scoring with Act-On and Sugar
On December 17th, we had our webinar on Lead Nurturing and Lead Scoring with Act-On and SugarCRM Webinar Recap.
A huge thanks to everyone who participated in this webinar! Below is the video recording, slide deck from the webinar and general notes.
Don’t forget that Act-On is offering a year-end promotion of no setup fee, two free months of service (December and January) and 10 free sales user seats for new customers signing up for their service through UpCurve Cloud.
Still have more questions about Act-On? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- What is marketing automation?
- Company Background
- The Leads Marketing Process
- The Nurture Process
- Act-On Lead Nurture Tools
- Lead Scoring
- How does lead scoring help sales
- How we use it
Marketing Automation vs. Email Marketing
- Email marketing is only one of many tools a marketer works with.
- Marketing automation attempts to bring all the tools a marketer needs into one combined platform to share data
- However, if you use a combination of the following pieces (in addition to email marketing) a marketing automation tool such as Act-On would right for you:
- Tracking your visitors to your website
- Calls to action on your website that captures peoples data through form entry
- Manage webinars
- Social media postings
- Direct Mailers
Marketing Automation: Vendor Timeline
- Marketing Automation started in 1992, the initial focus was on big enterprise, and companies that had a large budget to spend on marketing automation.
- Since then, the product group has become much more accessible and affordable with time.
- Act-On is one of the later arrivals to the marketing automation category.
- Founded in 2008 initially backed by Cisco and WebEx
- Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon
- 2nd Fastest growing marketing automation company on the 2014 Inc 500/5000 list
- Frost & Sullivan Marketing 2014 Automation Company of the year
- Top 10 Most evaluation marketing automation company (TrustRadius)
UpCurve Cloud Background
- CRM Implementation since 1996
- SugarCRM Elite Partner
- Act-On Platinum Implementation partner since 2011
- Focus on SugarCRM integration and custom API development
- You can read the UpCurve Cloud case study on Act-On’s site
Leads Marketing Process
- From the point of lead capture to lead conversion there is typically a costly communication gap
- Marketing automation tools allow marketing to stay engaged and can compensate for sales inefficiencies with a nurture process
Act-On Marketing Automation
There are many pieces of marketing automation inside Act-On including:
- Email Broadcasting
- Website Lead Capture Forms
- Website Visitor Tracking
- Website Asset Download Tracking
- Social Media Post Tracking
- Webinar Automation (WebEx & GoToMeeting)
- Automated Programs
Act-On Lead Nurturing
- Act-On Lead Nurturing Tools
- Tight integration with SugarCRM (as well as other CRM systems)
- Automated Sequential Campaigns
- Triggered emails and campaigns
Act-On Lead Scoring
- Track leads engagement with your digital content
- Assign scores based on lead demographics and job titles
- View detailed lead behavior in SugarCRM
Act-On in SugarCRM
- In SugarCRM within the Intelligence Panel you can see the details about each lead as it exists in Act-On
- Sales reps or the user in Sugar have insight into how this lead has engaged with the web properties
Act-On UpCurve Cloud Lead Capture Forms
- Quickly place lead capture form on web pages
- Instant post to SugarCRM
- Control over post submit message sequence
Act-On UpCurve Cloud Nurture Programs
- Provide long term messaging (12 months)
- Reengage dormant leads
- Be there when CRM project is re-activated