Video Tutorial: Managing Contract Expiration Dates using Sugar Workflows
Many business processes require an awareness of both upcoming and past due contract dates. In this video tutorial we will use SugarCRM’s workflow feature to help in the management of the contract renewal process. As a part of this process, our imaginary business needs to do the following:
- Schedule a call for a user of SugarCRM
- Send an email to a customer 60 days before a contract expiration
The same procedures can be used to manage any other date driven record type and process in Sugar.
Here is a step by step guide on how to set it up:
1. Create a Sugar Alert Email template that can be sent to the customer
2. Create a new Sugar workflow using type time with a workflow condition for the workflow to process on a contract expiration 60 days out
3. Create a workflow action to send an alert to the contacts associated with the contract
Good luck, this is one of the more powerful features in Sugar and we bet you will find a number of opportunties to put it to good use.