Sugar 7.5 Release Brings Many New Features
Sugar 7.5 is here! The new release is available for both on-demand and on-site SugarCRM deployments and features many enhancements and bug fixes. The Sugar 7.5 release is one UpCurve Cloud has been excited about for a while. Sugar 7 has a lot more functionality with a modern interface and framework compared to version 6. With the release of 7.5, existing version 6 users hosted OnDemand and on-site can now expect a smoother upgrade to take advantage of this new platform.
UpCurve Cloud's engineering team has been preparing for Sugar 7 for the past two years so that we can fully support our customers. Because version 7 has a new API and is built in a different programming language, UpCurve Cloud has been hard at work to learn the in’s and out’s of the new system. UpCurve Cloud flew our engineers to multiple Sugar 7 developer training sessions in Chicago and in November we hosted the Sugar 7 developer training in our Austin office. After that session, each UpCurve Cloud engineer completed the Sugar 7 developer exam. We have already completed several Sugar 7 deployments, upgrades, customizations, and integrations. But with Sugar 7.5, more of our on-site Sugar customers can make the move. Some of the feature enhancements include:
- Company Name field added as a filter criterion to Dun & Bradstreet integration
- The ability for users to create cases via the Twitter dashlet
- Forecast worksheet includes "Displayed Total" to provide the total amount of the opportunity or revenue line items meeting the applied filter(s)
- Fiscal Year option for administrators to define the corporate fiscal year when configuring the forecast settings
- Filter(s) applied to the forecasting worksheet display automatically when returning to the Forecasts module after navigating away
- My Activity Stream dashlet to add to the user's homepage and module's intelligence pane
- Probability value calculation is based on the selected sales stage and cannot be edited
- Projects module supported in the application
- Subpanels can be re-arranged in the module’s record view by dragging and dropping
- Color and stylistic changes to labels, alerts, and general chrome elements.