Sugar User Group: Advanced Sugar Studio Administration
On September 18th, we showcased uStudio, a modern and easy-to-use version of Sugar’s Studio that helps our admins spend less time in Studio and more time on critical CRM initiatives.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
If you have questions about Sugar or uStudio, please feel free to contact us.
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- SugarCRM and UpCurve Cloud
- Sugar Resources & Training
- Feature Topic – Advanced Sugar Studio Administration
Last User Group Meeting
July 2018: Dropbox, Google Drive & OneDrive in Sugar
- Blog Post: Dropbox, Google Drive & OneDrive in Sugar
- Webinar Archive: Dropbox, Google Drive & OneDrive in Sugar
UpCurve Cloud Announcement
UpCurve Cloud has been awarded SugarCRM North American Partner of the Year for 2018.
Sugar Releases: Sugar 8.0.1
- Available for On-Premise deployments of Sugar
- Changes Include:
- Updates to the Data Privacy enhancements added in Sugar 8
- Fixes to issues identified in previous versions
- Release Notes: Sugar 8.0.1
Sugar Releases: SugarCRM Hint 4.1
- SugarCRM Hint 4.1 includes support for Sugar Summer ‘18 and addresses issues identified in previous versions.
- Release Notes: SugarCRM Hint 4.1.0
Sugar Releases: SugarCRM Mobile 6.2.0
- SugarCRM Mobile 6.2.0 includes the ability to create and edit quotes when accessing instances running Sugar 8.0 or higher.
- Release Notes: SugarCRM Mobile 6.2.0 for iOS and Android
Sugar Releases: IBM Notes Plug-In 2.3.0
- Core functionality has been streamlined to focus on syncing events and contacts, archiving emails, and linking Notes documents with Sugar records.
- Release Notes: IBM Notes Plug-In 2.3.0
Sugar Releases: MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.6.0
- SugarCRM has officially released the version 2.6.0 of the Sugar plug-in for Microsoft Outlook. It includes the ability to create accounts for a contact with an unrecognized company name, a Mail tab in the configuration window, a Data Privacy category, and more.
- Release Notes: MS Plug-In for Sugar 2.6.0
SugarCon 2018: Las Vegas
- Hotel Rooms Booking Up!
- October 10th and 11th, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Register here
Sugar Resources by SugarCRM
eBooks and White Papers
- See all of our eBooks and White Papers on one page.
- Recent eBooks and White Papers include:
- Your Sales Lead Process is Half-Baked. Learn a Better Way.
- The Dynamic Duo: SugarCRM + Act-On Marketing Automation
- Best Practices for CRM User Adoption
- 50 Things Your CRM Should Tell You About Your Customers
- 4 Essential Tools for Remote Working
- Solving the Sales-Marketing Conundrum
- The Remote Working Revolution
Sugar Resources by UpCurve Cloud
- UpCurve Cloud SugarCRM Blog
- UpCurve Cloud on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- UpCurve Cloud Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & White Papers, Newsletter Sign up/Archives, Project Portfolio, ROI Calculator, Webinar Archives)
Sugar University Training
Sugar University has gone through a small revamp and now has divided their training into three major sections:
- Role-Based eLearning Courses:
- Live Courses
- Sugar Certification Programs
Advanced Sugar Studio Administration
Sugar User Group Q&A
Q: Does this replace Sugar Studio?
A: uStudio doesn’t replace Studio - it gives you a set of enhancements that add on to what’s already available in Studio. You still have access to Studio under the Administration menu.
Q: What happens if you use the old studio to make changes?
A: Our goal is to make them as compatible as possible.
One of the reasons we haven’t released this product under production yet is that we have to make sure there is cross-compatibility with the existing Studio.
When we release the product, we will note any conditions or any circumstances under which you’ll need to use one tool or the other in the documentation.
Q: Can you create new fields from uStudio?
A: The new fields would need to be created in Studio and then they will appear in uStudio. uStudio is what you're going to use to define the layouts but the actual field creation is done in Studio.
Q: Can you update labels from uStudio?
A: That would have to be done from the regular Studio.
Q: What versions of Sugar is this available for?
A: At this point, uStudio is available for the most recent version of Sugar (8x). As we do get closer to release, version compatibility would be part of our release package.
Q: Can you create list views by role with uStudio?
A: At this point, you can only create record views.
Q: Can you hide subpanels based on user role?
A: You can! In the upper left corner of the design view, there is a role dropdown. You can update the dependent visibility equation per role so that different roles would have different conditions under which subpanels would be hidden.
Q: The current version of Subpanel Suppress Control requires us to customize the subpanel visibility/order for each tab. Does this product need the same thing?
A: Yes, although those dependencies would be copied over.
Q: Is uStudio part of Sugar Professional? Or is it an additional cost?
A: uStudio is not part of the actual SugarCRM product, it is an add-on product developed by UpCurve Cloud. A customer would need to be an UpCurve Cloud customer to have access to this capability for their Sugar system as this is not a standard Sugar feature.
Q: When will this be available and how much will it cost?
A: We are still working on establishing whether we will price this as a separate feature, or include it for the customers that have UpCare contracts. We will release this information when we get closer to the release date, potentially in Q4 2018.