Sugar User Group: Customer Success
On September 19th, we had our Sugar User Group Meeting, where we discussed our latest customer success initiatives and how this move will positively impact all of our customers.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about Sugar or our customer success initiatives? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- SugarCRM Company and Sugar News Roundup
- Sugar Resources & Training
- Feature Topic – Customer Success
- Sugar Q&A Session
Last User Group Meeting
July 2017: SugarCRM Hint, Relationship Intelligence Service
- Blog Post: July 2017 Sugar User Group Recap: SugarCRM Hint, Relationship Intelligence Service
- Webinar Archive: Sugar User Group: SugarCRM Hint, Relationship Intelligence Service
DesintationCRM.com’s CRM Market Awards
- SugarCRM was named a “Leader” in three categories:
- Midmarket CRM
- Small-Business CRM
- Sales Force Automation
- SugarCRM was named “One to Watch” in:
- Enterprise CRM
- Read more from DestinationCRM.com
- UpCurve Cloud will be exhibiting at SugarCon 2017, SugarCRM's largest customer event of the year
- September 25 - 28, San Francisco, CA
- For more information: https://sugarcon.com/
Meet the Faces of UpCurve Cloud
- We are now up to over 60 staff members dedicated to working on CRM Systems.
- Recently acquired both Ticomix’s CRM Division and Contact Management Software.
eBooks and White Papers
- See all of our eBooks and White Papers on one page.
- Current eBooks and White Papers include:
- Your Sales Lead Process is Half-Baked. Learn a Better Way
- 50 Things Your CRM Should Tell You About Your Customers
- 10 Things You Can Do to Ensure Your SugarCRM Success
- Best Practices in CRM Data Migration
- Best Practices for CRM User Adoption
- The Dynamic Duo: SugarCRM + Act-On Marketing Automation
- Sugar 220.127.116.11 is a security update and addresses certain security vulnerabilities identified during routine QA checks.
SugarCRM Mobile 5.2.0
- SugarCRM Mobile 5.2.0 adds the ability to import image or file attachments (e.g. .doc, .pdf, .xls, .jpg) from emails to the Notes module, as well as fixes for a number of issues identified in prior releases.
- Release Notes:
MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.4.1
- MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.4.1 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- The side panel now displays additional key information (e.g. phone, address) for matching Sugar accounts.
- When creating a related case or bug via the subpanel, the create form now has the Subject and Description fields auto-populated based on the selected email's details.
- Blog Post reviewing MS Outlook Plug-In for Sugar
Sugar Resources by SugarCRM
Sugar Resources by UpCurve Cloud
- UpCurve Cloud SugarCRM Blog
- UpCurve Cloud on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- UpCurve Cloud Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & White Papers, Newsletter Signup/Archives, Project Portfolio, ROI Calculator, Webinar Archives)
Sugar University Training
Sugar University divides their training into three major sections:
- Online Role-Based Learning
- Basic Sugar
- End Users
- Marketing Users
- Managers / Sales Operations
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Solution Architects
- Live Training
- Sugar Certification Programs
Sugar User Group Q&A
Q: Is SugarCRM Hint available on SugarCRM Mobile and is there an additional cost for this module?
A: SugarCRM Hint is not available on mobile yet but is part of the roadmap, which more details will be shared in the future.
Q: What were your most useful research materials and resources for learning more about customer success?
A: Through searching on Google we were able to utilize information from organizations and consultancies that are designed to talk about customer success and the value of customer success and what it means.
For us, this is the first attempt at Customer Success, and this will be an evolving room and possibly even expand into a department at some point. In all of the research that I did, it continued to reinforce the benefit of having customer success people as part of your organization.
Q: How can I get access to the Customer Support Portal?
A: Right now we’re still testing internally and currently have a few customers that are testing out our Customer Support Portal, but if you would like more information reach out to Matthew Cooke at email@example.com and he will connect directly about next steps.
Q: How can I get more information on UpCare?
A: Reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specifics if you would like to get a jump start. If not, we will be sending out more official communication in the next few months.
Q: Will the customer success role be involved in discovery?
Yes, the Director of Customer Success Role will be involved in the discovery, working from a consultative perspective in that regard. New customers, more than likely, will have a customer success manager get engaged and be involved in that handoff from sales to professional services. Again, going back to the overlay concept, we want to be involved in the entire process. So yes, absolutely customer success managers will be included in the discovery and consultative-type calls.
Generally speaking, there are non-billable and billable components, so in my case, when I get involved in multi-day discoveries and things like that, we bill as part of that project, but there's a lot of resources and information that can be provided outside of that context.