Sugar User Group: Dropbox, Google Drive & OneDrive in Sugar
On July 17th, we showcased uCloudDrive, our latest Sugar extension that enables you to access Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive directly in Sugar.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
If you have questions about Sugar or uCloudDrive, please feel free to contact us.
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- SugarCRM and UpCurve Cloud Announcements
- Sugar Resources & Training
- Feature Topic – Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive in Sugar
Last User Group Meeting
May 2018: 5 Can’t Miss Features in Sugar 8
UpCurve Cloud Announcement
UpCurve Cloud has been awarded SugarCRM North American Partner of the Year for 2018.
eBooks and White Papers
- See all of our eBooks and White Papers on one page.
- Recent eBooks and White Papers include:
- Your Sales Lead Process is Half-Baked. Learn a Better Way.
- The Dynamic Duo: SugarCRM + Act-On Marketing Automation
- Best Practices for CRM User Adoption
- 50 Things Your CRM Should Tell You About Your Customers
- 4 Essential Tools for Remote Working
- Solving the Sales-Marketing Conundrum
- The Remote Working Revolution
Sugar Releases: Sugar 8.1 (Summer '18 )
- Available for On-Demand deployments of Sugar
- Changes Include:
- Redesigned login screen
- Emoji support ❤️
- Support for double opt-in (data privacy improvement)
- 70 new OOTB reports
- New Report Schedules Module
- Release Notes
- Release RoundUp
Sugar Releases: SugarCRM Hint 4.1
- SugarCRM Hint 4.1 includes support for Sugar Summer ‘18 and addresses issues identified in previous versions.
- Release Notes
Sugar Releases: MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.6.0
- SugarCRM has officially released the version 2.6.0 of the Sugar plug-in for Microsoft Outlook. It includes the ability to create accounts for a contact with an unrecognized company name, a Mail tab in the configuration window, a Data Privacy category, and more.
- Release Notes
SugarCon 2018: Las Vegas
- Early Bird Offer
- October 10th and 11th, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Register here
Sugar Resources by SugarCRM
Sugar Resources by UpCurve Cloud
- UpCurve Cloud SugarCRM Blog
- UpCurve Cloud on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- UpCurve Cloud Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & White Papers, Newsletter Sign up/Archives, Project Portfolio, ROI Calculator, Webinar Archives)
Sugar University Training
Sugar University has gone through a small revamp and now has divided their training into three major sections:
- Role-Based eLearning Courses:
- Live Courses
- Sugar Certification Programs
Dropbox, Google Drive & OneDrive in Sugar
Sugar User Group Q&A
Q: Are all three connectors the same?
A: All of the features across the connectors are essentially the same, the only difference with Google Drive is that it gives you the ability to actually create new google docs, slides, sheets from the connector but all of the features are the same across the three connectors.
Q: Do I have to get the same number of licenses as I have for Sugar?
A: No, it does not have to match your license count. We can talk to you about your particular use case and work together to establish the number of users that need access, as not all users need it.
Q: Does having this connector in Sugar make my documents accessible to other team members?
A: As long as you upload a document inside of a shared folder from the connector or dashlet, that file will be accessible for your team members.
Q: Can SugarCRM connect with SharePoint?
A: At this point, it cannot, but we can certainly talk about either creating a connector or an integration and see how we can achieve that goal inside of Sugar.
Q: My organization doesn’t use Google Drive but wants to. How do I get this setup?
A: UpCurve Cloud offers multiple solutions under one umbrella and is a Google reseller as well. We can assist you with adopting Google Drive as your cloud storage platform and then connect Sugar and Drive.
Q: When creating a document in Sugar form a document in OneDrive, is the actual file stored in the Sugar Server or just as a link to OneDrive?
A: TThe document is uploaded into Sugar and you have access to download it as well. This goes for Dropbox and Google Drive as well.
Q: Does this plug into Microsoft Outlook?
A: Sugar comes free with an Outlook Plug-In that enables access to your Sugar database inside of Outlook and at that point, you would be able to have access to the Sugar documents within records.
Q: Does uDocs have the ability to take data from related parent and submodules?
A: It does. This is a recent feature added to our document automation solution for Sugar.
Q: Is the licensing cost $80/user per year or month?
A: It is $80/user per year, we definitely want to make it more economic for the team. If you have less than 10 licenses, the minimum would be $800 per year.
Q: Does uDocs have an option to merge Excel or only Word?
A: At the moment, there are 2 options available - merging to a Word document or to a PDF - but we can look into adding this feature.
Q: Does this get around the upload file size limit for hosted environments?
A: Inside of the Dropbox and Google Drive connector there’s full accessibility into those instances and they don’t have any effect on your Sugar storage. When syncing document to Sugar, once those documents are in the Sugar database inside of the subpanels, those do count towards the storage limit.