Sugar User Group: Sugar Integration to Vonage
On March 20th, we presented Sugar's integration to Vonage, a rich, easy to use and intuitive interface designed to effortlessly integrate your voice interactions into your key CRM workflows.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
If you have questions about Sugar or Vonage, please feel free to contact us.
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- SugarCRM and UpCurve Cloud Announcements
- Sugar Resources & Training
- Feature Topic - Sugar Integration to Vonage
Last User Group Meeting
January 2018: The Combined Power of G Suite and Sugar CRM
- Blog Post: The Combined Power of G Suite and Sugar CRM
- Webinar Archive: The Combined Power of G Suite and Sugar CRM
UpCurve Cloud Announcement
UpCurve Cloud has been awarded SugarCRM North American Partner of the Year for 2018.
eBooks and White Papers
- See all of our eBooks and White Papers on one page.
- Recent eBooks and White Papers include:
- Your Sales Lead Process is Half-Baked. Learn a Better Way
- The Dynamic Duo: Sugar CRM + Act-On Marketing Automation
- Best Practices for CRM User Adoption
- The Dynamic Duo: SugarCRM + Act-On Marketing Automation
- 50 Things Your CRM Should Tell You About Your Customers
Sugar Winter '18 (188.8.131.52)
- Available for On-Demand deployments of Sugar
- Changes include:
- Fixes to issues identified in previous versions
- Release notes
SugarCRM Mobile 6.1.0
SugarCRM Mobile 6.1.0 includes the ability to access records from the Email module (Sugar Winter ‘18 only) and addresses issues identified in previous versions.
SugarCRM Mobile SDK 6.1.0
- SugarCRM’s Mobile SDK enables developers to extend the app’s functionality beyond what is possible out of the box, such as adding geolocation and camera access.
Version 6.1.0 includes an upgraded version of Cordova for iOS and support for XCode 9.x.
MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.4.4
- SugarCRM has officially released MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.4.4 and includes fixes for issues identified in previous versions.
- Release Notes
IBM Notes Plug-In 2.1.9
- Includes support for Sugar Fall ‘17 and Winter ‘18 releases.
- Release Notes
SugarCon 2018: Las Vegas
- Early Bird Offer
- October 10th and 11th, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Register here
Sugar Resources by SugarCRM
Sugar Resources by UpCurve Cloud
- UpCurve Cloud SugarCRM Blog
- UpCurve Cloud on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- UpCurve Cloud Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & White Papers, Newsletter Sign up/Archives, Project Portfolio, ROI Calculator, Webinar Archives)
Sugar University Training
Sugar University has gone through a small revamp and now has divided their training into three major sections:
- Online Role-Based Learning
- End Users
- Marketing Users
- Managers / Sales Operations
- Live Training
- Sugar Certification Programs
Sugar Integration to Vonage
Sugar User Group Q&A
Q: Is there a way to create a lead instead of a contact?
A: Yes, you have the option to create a new contact record or a new lead record for Sugar.
Q: What departments is this platform often recommended for?
A: This integration is great for any customer-facing employee. The primary use cases are for inside sales teams, customer support, call center environments but other departments can benefit from this functionality as well.
Q: How does Vonage know which of my contacts to tag if they share the same number?
A: Regardless of when you make a call or a call comes in, if there’s one number applied to more than one contact, a pop-up appears where you can click on the name, and it will show a dropdown of the many people that are tied to that particular number. You can then select that individual contact that you are looking for.
If the number is not tied to anyone, you can add that contact to the number.
Q: How does this work on my iPhone?
A: From your iPhone, download Vonage’s Mobile Connect app, that is your connection between the two platforms. You’ll have the same functionality from the Vonage Suite - like launching or receiving calls.
Q: How do I know if my calls are being linked to Sugar?
A: You can see both your calls and your notes being recorded into Sugar on the contact record in the Calls and Notes subpanels. You can also see from the Vonage Integration Suite that your notes are added to Sugar as well.
Q: I am interested in this integration, what should I do next?
A: For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to reach out to anyone interested in seeing more a customized demo of Sugar with the Vonage integration.
Q: Does Vonage work with other communications providers?
A: No. The Vonage Integration Suite connects the Vonage Communications Platform with various business apps, such as Sugar. It does not interact with other communication providers.