Sugar User Group: SugarCon 2016 Recap
On July 19th, we had our Sugar Online User Group Meeting focused on our recap of SugarCon 2016.
Make sure to mark your calendar for our next Online User Group meeting on September 13th.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about Sugar? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Last User Group Recorded Video Link
- SugarCRM Company and Sugar News Roundup
- Upcoming Sugar Training
- Feature Topic: SugarCon 2016 Recap
- Sugar Q&A Session
Last User Group Meeting
New Project Portfolio Section
- We’ve recently added a new section on our website which highlights some of the projects and integrations that we have done for our customers. With 25+ projects added so far and the ability to sort projects by your particular industry, there is something for everyone.
- Highlighted projects that I encourage you to take a look at include:
- Conversion from Salesforce to Sugar
- Visualizing Community Banking Customers
- Onboarding Wealth Management Clients Using Sugar
- Using Datamyne Shipping in Sugar
Request for Case Study Participation
- We are looking for customers that would be interested in participating in our case study program.
- Would require approximately one hour of your time where our case study writer would interview you.
- Your case study would be published on our site with a link back to your site.
- If interested send an email to email@example.com
- Sugar 7.7 (SugarCRM Support Knowledge Base Article, What to Expect When Upgrading to Sugar 7.7)
- SugarCRM Mobile 3.0.5 for iPhone and Android
- Sugar Plug-in for IBM Notes 2.1.4
- SugarCRM Community - community.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM Support Page – support.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM University - university.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM on YouTube - youtube.com/user/DiscoverSugarCRM
- UpCurve Cloud SugarCRM Blog - upcurvecloud.com/blog
- UpCurve Cloud on Twitter - twitter.com/UpCurveCloud
Upcoming Training on Sugar University
- View the Sugar University catalog
- Upcoming Classes
- Live Classroom Training Schedule
SugarCon 2016 Recap
Sugar Online User Group Q&A
- Q. It looks like 7.8 integrates several services from 7.7. Is that a fair statement?
A. At UpCurve Cloud we do not know what will be released from SugarCRM until we see it come into production; however we have seen a lot of stability releases coming through so that will most likely roll over into Sugar 7.8.
- Q. When will Workflow in Professional Edition be retired?
A. We have not been able to lock down an EOL date yet. Our recommendation is that you reach out to either your SugarCRM Channel Partner or directly with SugarCRM to find out how much longer it will be supported.
- Q. When will Server to Server Email Sync be available?
A. It is slated to be released during the second half of 2016. We have seen this in production, so we are guesstimating that we will see it released around November of this year.
- Q. At the beginning of the webinar, you mentioned closing gaps in the UI. What gaps were you referring to?
A. In particular, we were referring to the gap in the User Interface (UI) between what you see on your desktop (browser) versus your mobile device. The fact right now that Sugar has two different interfaces: one for desktop and the other for mobile. We are hoping that starting with 7.8 we’ll see much more seamless integration between the functionality you see in your desktop moving over to mobile.