Sugar User Group: SugarCRM Hint, Relationship Intelligence Service
On July 18th, we had our Sugar User Group Meeting, we were joined by SugarCRM's Director of Product Marketing, Vijay Damojipurapu to demo SugarCRM Hint, the debut product in the new SugarCRM Relationship intelligence product line.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about Sugar or Hint? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Recap of Last User Group Webinar
- SugarCRM Company and Sugar News Roundup
- Sugar Resources & Training
- Feature Topic – SugarCRM Hint: Relationship Intelligence Service
- Sugar Q&A Session
Last User Group Meeting
May 2017: uCalendar, Advanced Calendar Configuration
- Blog Post: May 2017 Sugar User Group Recap: uCalendar, Advanced Calendar Configuration
- Webinar Archive: Sugar User Group: uCalendar, Advanced Calendar Configuration for Sugar
Business Choice Awards
- This year's winner for best CRM service is SugarCRM.
- Third consecutive year winning this category.
- Up from last year there were 236 (compared to previously 30 companies) nominated.
- Read More from PC Mag
i <3 marketing, an Adaptive Journeys™ Roadshow
- Attend Act-On’s i ♥ marketing, an Adaptive Journeys™ Roadshow, to boost your marketing, reporting and analytics skills, and to get up-to-speed on the latest tools, trends, and best practices shaping the marketing profession. Hear from industry thought leaders, network with other marketers and Act-On users like yourself, and share wisdom and practical advice for marketing in the digital age.
- August 8, 2017, New York
- For more information: https://upcurve.cloud/act-on-nyc-2017
2017 Symitar Educational Conference & TechConnect
- August 28 - August 31, San Diego, CA, Hilton Diego Bayfront
- For more information: http://upcurve.cloud/symitar-2017
- UpCurve Cloud will be exhibiting at SugarCon 2017, SugarCRM's largest customer event of the year
- September 25 - 28, San Francisco, CA
- For more information: http://sugarcon.sugarcrm.com/
Meet the Faces of UpCurve Cloud
- We are now up to over 60 staff members dedicated to working on CRM Systems.
- Recently acquired both Ticomix’s CRM Division and Contact Management Software.
eBooks and White Papers
- See all of our eBooks and White Papers on one page.
- Current eBooks and White Papers include:
- Your Sales Lead Process is Half-Baked. Learn a Better Way
- 50 Things Your CRM Should Tell You About Your Customers
- 10 Things You Can Do to Ensure Your SugarCRM Success
- Best Practices in CRM Data Migration
- Best Practices for CRM User Adoption
- The Dynamic Duo: SugarCRM + Act-On Marketing Automation
- Sugar 18.104.22.168 is a security update and addresses certain security vulnerabilities identified during routine QA checks.
SugarCRM Mobile 5.1.1
- SugarCRM 5.1.0 added the following feature enhancements (5.1.1 was fixed issues identified in previous versions):
- Created the option for relate-type fields so users now have the option to create new records when editing relate-type fields (e.g. Accounts Name).
- File attachment improvements
- Release Notes:
MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.4.0
- MS Outlook Plug-in for Sugar 2.4.0 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Side Panel Enhancements
- Create Relationships during Sync
- Duplicate Check
- Relate Sugar Account to New Leads
- Lookup Sugar Address Option for Calls and Meetings
- Sugar Category Sync
- Automatically Sync Option Time Frames
- Logging Level and Log Writer Type Options
- Option to upload SSL Certificate
- Ignore Sugar modules visibility settings
Sugar Plug-in for IBM Notes 2.1.7
- Sugar Plug-in for IBM Notes 2.1.7 addresses bugs identified in prior releases.
Sugar Resources by SugarCRM
Sugar Resources by UpCurve Cloud
- UpCurve Cloud SugarCRM Blog
- UpCurve Cloud on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- UpCurve Cloud Resources (Case Studies, eBooks & White Papers, Newsletter Signup/Archives, Project Portfolio, ROI Calculator, Webinar Archives)
Sugar University Training
Sugar University divides their training into three major sections:
- Online Role-Based Learning
- Basic Sugar
- End Users
- Marketing Users
- Managers / Sales Operations
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Solution Architects
- Live Training
- Sugar Certification Programs
SugarCRM Hint: Relationship Intelligence Service
Sugar User Group Q&A
Q: Is SugarCRM Hint available on SugarCRM Mobile and is there an additional cost for this module?
A: SugarCRM Hint is not available on mobile yet but is part of the roadmap, which more details will be shared in the future.
Q: Are you using Watson as part of SugarCRM Hint, and if not, what can we expect from you in the future on it? Also, how does SugarCRM Hint compare to Einstein on Salesforce?
A: As of today, we don't use Watson, but we are currently investigating it. As of today, we don't use Watson, but we are currently investigating it. We are always thinking how to leverage new technology, and integrate it with our Sugar products with this new artificial intelligence line.
Q: Can SugarCRM Hint be automated to pull in certain data by default without user input? For example, SugarCRM Hint would auto populate leads, business title, industry and annual revenue.
A: We don't have that capability today. In our research and development teams, we've been analyzing how to proceed correctly. We want to present the information to the user, and then let the user choose which record data they want to store. If we start seeing this request more often, we’ll add it to our product roadmap.
Q: Right now, SugarCRM Hint allows you to see the link for Twitter, Facebook, and other social media. Is there a possibility in the future that Hint could display the Twitter, Facebook and other social media feeds for the contact or lead?
A: This is something we’ve added to the roadmap for the near future, which is in addition to the social profile, imagine you getting a newsfeed around the contact or the company. You would see all the news articles, latest news and research pieces for that contact and company. We’re investigating this feature for the near future.
Q: Can the data be pulled into standard lead or contact fields instead of the custom Hint fields?
A: Not as of today. That's a roadmap item, so we'll make a note of that. It's important to point out that, Sugar is a very extendable platform, each customer has a different configuration for it. But at the same time, things like industry, things like company size, those are our standard fields. We have an amazing piece of technology here that I think drives user adoption. All these wonderful questions are obviously what's going to feed the innovation around the subsequent releases. I think this has been a wonderful piece of technology that we've added to our instance. We're looking forward to introducing Hint to all of our customers.