Sugar User Group: SugarCRM Mobile
On September 13th, we had our Sugar User Group Meeting focused on SugarCRM Mobile with SugarCRM Director of Product Management, Joseph Mao.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording of the meeting, general notes as well as the questions & answers.
Still have more questions about Sugar? Feel free to post a question in the comments section and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Last User Group Recorded Video Link
- SugarCRM Company and Sugar News Roundup
- Upcoming Sugar Training
- Feature Topic: SugarCRM Mobile
- Sugar Q&A Session
Last User Group Meeting
- July 2016: SugarCon 2016 Recap
- SugarCon 2016 Blog Posts:
- Webinar Archive
Request for Case Study Participation
- We are looking for customers that would be interested in having UpCurve Cloud write a case study about the impact that Sugar has had within your company.
- Your company will receive visibility on both our website and social media channels.
- As a thank you for your time you will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
- Learn more and apply from this embedded link.
New White Paper: Best Practices in CRM Data Migration [LINK]
- We have released a brand new white paper, called Best Practices in CRM Data Migration. This white paper outlines a proven framework, along with many CRM data migration tips that both CRM customers and migration developers may find useful.
New Industries Section [LINK]
- Highlights 25+ industries that we have expertise deploying CRM, in particular Sugar.
- See specific projects, customers and case studies sorted by industry.
2016 Jack Henry Banking Education Conference
- In October we are co-sponsoring with SugarCRM and will have a booth at the Jack Henry Banking Educational Conference and Technology Showcase from October 17 – 20th in Grapevine, Texas.
- You can learn more about the conference which will take place in Grapevine, Texas at the embedded link.
- On Tuesday, October 18th from 5 to 8 pm join Clint Oram, SugarCRM's Co-Founder and CMO and Rich Green, Chief Product Officer at SugarCRM's event in NYC at Tao Downtown called "SugarJam."
- In addition to the featured speakers, network with your industry peers and see innovative product demonstrations from leaders in customer engagement technology. Not a seminar, not a tradeshow – SugarJAM is an evening of innovation, networking, and fun.
- For more information and to register contact Sarah
- Sugar 22.214.171.124 was released in August. You can read the release notes to learn more.
- The largest update was that as of Sugar 126.96.36.199 PHP version 5.6 is now supported. SugarCRM’s performance team has estimated that there is an approximate 30% improvement in performance in their test environments after upgrading from PHP 5.4 to 5.6.
- As a result of these tests, anyone that is running Sugar On-Site should be evaluating how soon they can upgrade.
SugarCRM Mobile 4.0.0
- SugarCRM Mobile 4.0.0 was released in the middle of August and includes many new features and enhancements including:
- An updated user interface that now displays a lighter color scheme across most SugarCRM Mobile pages for a better user experience.
- Deep Linking is now available, allowing links to be created that push a user directly into a record or page in SugarCRM Mobile.
- iOS Release Notes for SugarCRM Mobile 4.0.0
- Android Release Notes for SugarCRM Mobile 4.0.0
- SugarCRM Community - community.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM Support Page – support.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM University - university.sugarcrm.com
- SugarCRM on YouTube - youtube.com/user/DiscoverSugarCRM
- UpCurve Cloud SugarCRM Blog - upcurvecloud.com/blog/sugarcrm
- UpCurve Cloud on Twitter - twitter.com/UpCurveCloud
Upcoming Training on Sugar University
- View the Sugar University catalog
- Upcoming Classes
- September 29th – How Sales Uses Sugar
- October 6th – Preparing for the Administration Specialist Certification
- October 13th – Using Sugar Studio
- October 20th – Creating Email Campaigns
- November 10th – Troubleshooting Sugar and Working with Sugar Support
- December 8th – Using the Dropdown Editor
- Live Classroom Training Schedule
SugarCRM Mobile with Joseph Mao, Director of Mobile at SugarCRM
Sugar User Group Q&A
Q: When will there be improvements to the Quotes module?
A: Currently, there’s a team working on the desktop version. When the desktop version is released, we will be doing a fast follow with the mobile version. From a mobile side, we will start doing some prototyping fairly soon, but we can’t release it until the new functionality is available on the desktop.
Q: What is the timeframe for the SDK release?
A: Our target goal for the SDK release is by the end of the year. We will be starting a beta fairly soon – if you are interested in joining, send Joseph Mao an email to apply. The official timeframe for the release is dependent on how the beta goes – the alpha releases have been quite strong so by moving onto the beta phase and bringing external partners into the beta the estimated timeframe is by the end of the year. At absolute worst, early next year.
Q: What would cause the Global Search to be limited on an initial launch in Sugar 7.7
A: If you are running Sugar 7.7 and having issues with Global Launch, there is a current issue that is being resolved based on the migration to 7.7 for On Demand users. If you are experiencing this issue please contact your UpCurve Cloud Consultant so we can work through this issue with your Sugar instance
Q: Will you have the ability to create filters directly from mobile?
A: Right now there is no plans to have the ability to create filters directly on mobile, because you can create them directly on the desktop and many filters have a lot of different parameters. There have not been any requests from customers for this functionality, however if you have a specific need, please send Joseph an email with more information. In general, there haven’t been a large number of requests on that particular topic.