Sugar Integration for Slack: Installation and Support Resources
UpCurve Cloud's Sugar integration for Slack will be discontinued on July 17, 2017, due to changes in Slack's API. If you are looking to implement an integration between Sugar and Slack on your Sugar instance, UpCurve Cloud can build you a custom integration. Please contact us here for details.
This is where you'll find everything you need to know about UpCurve Cloud's Sugar integration for Slack--information, installation guide, and support resources.
Ready to Get Started? Click the Add to Slack button to configure the Sugar integration with your Slack account.
Have a question? Read the documentation below.
About the Integration
UpCurve Cloud's Sugar integration for Slack combines Slack, an effective group communication tool, with Sugar, a powerful and affordable CRM platform. Your team can view and collaborate on Sugar data for Accounts, Leads, and Cases within Slack. The integration has three main functions: commands, reports (notifications), and questions. Users interact with sugarbot, a fun character who retrieves information from Sugar, using predefined commands and questions. Reports are received as notifications on a weekly or monthly basis--choose from a list of predefined reports such as weekly new leads or opportunities won each month.
How to Install the Integration
UpCurve Cloud's Sugar integration for Slack is available on both Sugar Exchange and the Slack App Directory. To install slack, follow the steps below.
1.At the bottom of the Sugar integration for Slack support article click the “add to slack” button. This will start the authentication process and redirect you to UpCurve Cloud's authentication page.
2. You should now be on a page that says “sugarbot would like access to your Slack team”. Select the team you want to add the Sugar for Slack integration app to.
3. You should now be on a page that says “sugarbot would like access to [TEAM NAME]”. Select the channel you want to post notifications and sugarbot messages to.
4. Please review the terms and click the “authorize” button at the bottom of the page.
5. From UpCurve Cloud's authentication page you will be asked to log into your Sugar account using your Sugar username and password. Your account information will not be stored. We authenticate your account only by requesting OAuth tokens. Once you have filled in your account information click the “authenticate with SugarCRM” button.
6. After submitting, you will be redirected to the Sugar integration for Slack support article.
Using the Integration
UpCurve Cloud's Sugar integration for Slack has three main functions that allow users to collaborate on Sugar records in Slack. These three functions are commands, questions and reports/notifications. About Sugarbot Sugarbot is UpCurve Cloud's intelligent and fun character who retrieves information from Sugar upon users’ requests. Users can use questions and commands to initiate responses from sugarbot. Sugarbot will also send reports to users via messages on a recurring basis. About Commands Commands are used to view information from Sugar Records. To use a command type a slash followed by the command. To easily pull up command options, type “/sugar” and a list will populate in slack of all the predefined commands. For example, by typing in “/sugaraccount UpCurve Cloud” it would pull up relevant fields from the Account record including UpCurve Cloud's Account Name, Phone, Email Address, Account Type, Physical Address and Assigned User. For a full list of commands for each module see below. See a full list of commands below:
- /sugaraccount _____ (search must start with matching Account name)
- Pulls in Account Name, Phone, Email, Account Type, Address and Assigned User
- /sugarcontact _____ (search by first and last name or just last name)
- Pulls in Contact Name, Phone Work, Phone Mobile, Email, Address, Account Name, and Assigned User
- /sugarlead _____ (search by first and last name or just last name)
- Pulls in Lead Name, Lead Status, Lead Source, Phone Work, Phone Mobile, Email, Address, Account Name, and Assigned User
- /sugaropportunity _____ (search must start with matching Opportunity name)
- Pulls in Opportunity Name, Account Name, Amount, Sales Stage, Expected Close Date, and Assigned User
- /sugarcase _____ (search by case number)
- Pulls in Case Number, Case Subject, Case Status, Case Description, and Assigned User
About Incoming Web Hooks (Notifications) These are reports used to notify users on a weekly or monthly basis of the most recent data in Sugar. Notifications will be pushed to a specified Slack channel. See a full list of optional notifications below.
- Leads module
- Weekly report showing number of Leads created last week
- Monthly report showing number of Leads created last month
- Monthly report showing number of Leads converted that month
- Opportunities module
- Weekly report showing number of opportunities Closed Won that week.
- Monthly report showing number of opportunities Closed Won that month.
- Monthly report showing all open opportunities with an expected Close Date in the past.
About Questions Questions are a way for users to pull report information in real time. Users can use a list of predefined questions to ask sugarbot, the bot character who retrieves information from Sugar. The user simply tags sugarbot (@sugarbot) and types the question. See the full list of questions below. For help remembering what questions to ask, type @sugarbot help
- "How many new leads were created last week?"
- “What was the lead conversion rate last month?”
- “How many deals did we win last week?”
- “What is your favorite food?”
- “What is the meaning of life?”
Before you install the Sugar integration for Slack, make sure the following are true:
- You are running version 7.5 or later of a licensed edition of Sugar.
- You have an admin account in your Sugar instance.
- Your Sugar instance uses an SSL certificate and thus is accessed via https.
UpCurve Cloud welcomes your feedback on the product and enhancement ideas in the comments below. To discuss further customization of your Sugar integration for Slack, reach out to us here.