Why Marketing Automation is Critical to Your Sales Process
Recently, UpCurve Cloud hosted a joint webcast with one of our partners, Salesfusion. During the webcast, we discussed the difficulty sales and marketing departments often have to efficiently capture data and increase transparency between marketing and sales activity. Historically those two departments have had a wall between them. CRM applications tend to be a sales driven tool and is where sales spend their day. Without a marketing automation platform, marketers may be using 20 different applications to manage everything from social media to visitor tracking to email campaigns. There are a lot of tools out there for marketing but they are siloed and do not integrate fully with the CRM systems. When these applications are walled-off from each other, it encourages the disconnect between sales and marketing. Some of these challenges include:
- Too many unqualified leads are entered the CRM system causing disorganization and an increased chance of the quality leads to falling through the cracks.
- Marketing activity is not fully integrated with the CRM system causing a lack of visibility to meaningful data for the sales rep.
- Lack of data to segment customers appropriately.
- Difficulty tracking ROI and effectiveness of campaigns.
Transparency between sales and marketing is not the only challenge to overcome. As much as 70 percent of the buyer’s journey may be completed prior to sales engagement because of all the online content available to buyers. Unless sales can engage buyers earlier in the journey, they are operating at a disadvantage. Marketing automation applications, such as Salesfusion, help companies attract new opportunities, convert them into customers and nurture them into relationships. Our guest speaker, Kevin Sexton, demonstrated an overview of Salesfusion’s robust, cloud-based marketing automation platform and its integration with SugarCRM. Highlights of Salesfusion’s features include:
- Easy to use dashboards
- Send, track and measure email campaigns
- Sync marketing lists from SugarCRM and segment data on any field in SugarCRM
- Automate Sugar tasks and opportunity creation from Salesfusion
- Use nurture-based workflow and trigger logic tools
- Manage online and offline events
- Track website visitors and analytics
- Publish, manage and track social media content
- Score leads for prioritization
If you have questions or would like to learn more about integrating marketing automation with your CRM system, contact us today.