wMobile 2016 Recap, Year in Review
Here are some of the highlights from our 2016 development.
wMobile had a facelift with a new logo! We also added new icons for One-click Logins, so they are more easily identified on your device or computer desktop.
Updated controls were added for date selection that are more easily used on mobile devices. Improvements were made for wMobile Desktop use on iPads and tablets, including updating the Telerik Framework used to build wMobile, to address navigation and display issues.
Notification Services were added so that users can get notifications of certain events, such as activity alarms. The conditions (rules) are configured in the wMobile Manager Console. At first, only email notifications were supported, but shortly after that, SMS text notifications were added as well. Based on this new functionality, we added a method notify users when email account credentials are invalid, such as when email passwords are updated.
Changes in wMobile Phone Edition included:
- Photos can be uploaded to a contact record.
- Pending Activities were added to the Dashboard.
- A user configuration option was added so a user can change the number of items in wMobile Phone lists such as search results, pending, and history lists.
- The email address can be added to Quick Search criteria.
Changes in wMobile Desktop Edition included:
- International phone format can be set when creating and editing contacts.
- When adding a zip code, it will populate city/state when creating and updating contact records.
- Email template creation was added. Templates can include Contact1 and Contact2 fields and user variables.
- Hyperlinks were added to the Links tab to easily open linked documents.
- Changes were made in the Activity list to show the activity code. Filters are now ‘sticky’ so the user doesn’t have to reset these each time they view the Activity list.
- The email address can now be added as a column in the Search Center.
- Lookup lists can now be edited in wMobile Desktop.
- Single records can now be deleted in wMobile Desktop, based on a user’s GoldMine permissions.
There were many changes were made over the year to improve a user’s experience with email. Problems were fixed, and menu options were simplified.
- Functionality was added for replying to Meeting requests in both Phone and Desktop editions and adding/removing meetings to the GoldMine calendar based on acceptance status.
- A popular user setting was added to file an email on reply. This matched an option in GoldMine that customers requested in wMobile.
- An issue was fixed forwarding emails with inline image attachments from iOS email clients.
- Email can be linked to a relevant opportunity/Project/Case using the ‘File with Options’ selection.
- Searching has also been improved in the Email center in the Desktop Edition.
There were many enhancements to Opportunity/Project functionality this year including:
- Email messages can now be linked to Projects as well as Opportunities.
- Emails can be linked to Opportunity/Influencers and Project/Contacts. Custom fields can be added to Project list and detail views.
- An option was added to re-link Projects.
- Options were added to show more Opportunity/Influencers and Project/Contacts.
- A sort option was added on Project Contacts tab and navigation options were added. ‘Go to Contact’ will navigate directly to the contact in the same browser window. ‘Open Contact’ will open the contact in a separate browser window.
- Status and Stage filter options were added to the Opportunity list, including the option to filter on Active (not Closed) Status.
- Opportunities can be converted to Projects.
- Filter selections are now ‘sticky’ in wMobile Desktop Opportunity/Project list pages during a session. Users don’t have to select the same settings if they navigate between different wMobile components.
Features for administration were added including:
- System settings and logging levels can be adjusted without restarting wMobile components and affecting logged in users.
- Improvements were made to the wDiagnostic tool for troubleshooting.
- An admin can set the columns for all users in the Search Center in the Manager Console User Default Settings.
- On-screen Notification was added in the wMobile Manager Console, so a user is notified when an update is available.
- Server 2016 is now officially supported.
We hope these developments have improved your usage of wMobile Phone and Desktop Editions. We have more enhancements planned for next year.
Best wishes for 2017 from the wMobile Team!