wMobile User Group: Applying User Options in the Manager Console
On August 26th, we had our wMobile User Group Meeting focused on the topic: Applying User Options in the Manager Console. Our next meeting will be on October 28th, which will highlight the topic “Virtual File Systems (VFS) Settings for Document Access”.
A huge thank you to everyone who attended and participated! Below is the video recording, general notes, Speaker Deck presentation as well as the questions & answers.
Still have questions about wMobile? Feel free to post a question in the comments section or send us an email and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Review of Existing Resources
- Coming Attractions in wMobile
- Featured Topic: Applying User Options in the Manager Console
- Open Q&A
Existing wMobile Resources
- Check out the wMobile Product Page on our website to access the following:
- Posted on wMobile Product Page
- Included in bi-monthly newsletter
- wMobile Installer will always check for latest release
- You must be on maintenance to update
What’s new in wMobile?
- Support for recurring activities
- Activity notifications
- Configurable option to ignore blank values in duplicate detection.
- Configurable option to use ownership in duplicate detection.
What’s new in wMobile Phone?
- Option to configure the number of GMUsers listed for internal GoldMine emails
- Use Phone labels from last selected primary record view in pending activity screen
- Fix for case reassignment
- Fix for email linking
What’s new in wMobile Desktop?
- Project Management support
- Fixed a problem with searching in wMobile Desktop.
- Removed Edit/Delete options in Dashboard view.
- Issue fixed where first email in the Email Center list was always checked.
- Issue fixed on resizing Relationship tab/splitter bar.
- Option to copy contact details to clipboard.
Coming Attractions in wMobile
- Support for Projects
- Detail View
- Support for recurring activities
- Activities notifications
- Login for wMobile Manager Console
For more detailed information on the product updates see the Speaker Deck below:
Topics for Next User Group
- Configuring Notification Services
- Configuring Screen Templates
- Email auto-filing with the wMobile Email Fetcher Service
- Virtual File System (VFS) Settings for Document Access
- Support for Complete Activity Series (September)
- New F2 Lookups in wMobilePhone (September)
- Projects Updates (September)
- SMS Notifications (October)
- UI Notifications (October)
- Support for Referral Relationships (November)
- Email UI redesign (December)
- Next wMobile User Group – October 28th at 2:00 PM EST
wMobile Open Questions & Answers
- Q: Do you need to choose an end date?
A: In my first attempt to schedule a recurring activity in wMobile phone during the webinar, I failed to select End Date, End after X occurrences, or No End Date. One of these options must be selected.
- Q: Why should I not leave recurring activities without an end date?
A: I gave a caution about scheduling recurring activities with no end date because it can be a lot of activities. However this is functionality that is included in both GoldMine and Outlook and is mirrored here in wMobile.
- Q: Notify is available but what about Meeting requests. Is that coming soon?
A: We will be looking into support for meeting requests, but we don’t have a timeframe for that yet.
- Q: How many calls would be scheduled if you selected "no end date"?
A: We had to check in with the developers on this question and the answer is as follows.
- Daily : 365 occurrences
- Weekly : 53 occurrences
- Monthly : 25 occurrences
- Yearly : 10 occurrences ( 5 occurrences in GoldMine, 10 in wMobile).
- Q: What about including the extension as a selectable option for phone so when you login to wMobile it can refresh the email center automatically when it is selected instead of occurring manually?
A: I don’t understand the question about the phone extension. Please submit your question to email@example.com.
With regard to refreshing the email center, you shouldn’t need to refresh at all. If you’re not seeing new emails in the Email Center, then there’s a problem with your email configuration in wMobile. The wMobile email fetcher service should be going out to your server or ISP mailbox periodically (every 30 minutes with default settings) and copying that mail to the wMobile inbox/Email Center. If you can refresh the inbox and see new mail, then your settings are correct, but this auto-retrieval isn’t happening. I’ve include a link below to a topic in our online help guide on troubleshooting email accounts. My guess is that automatic retrieving of new emails has been disabled for your email account. If we've misunderstood your question or need further assistance, please resubmit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the settings that can be set for users in Users Options and Default User Options is the Time Picker Interval.
This setting is used when scheduling activities, as shown below.
Our next meeting will highlight: Virtual File Systems (VFS) Settings for Document Access