wMobile User Group: Email Retrieval Tips
On December 17th, we had our wMobile User Group. On February 25th we will host the next meeting.
A huge thank you to everyone who participated in this meeting! Below is the video recording*, general notes, SlideShare presentation as well as the questions & answers.
Still have questions about wMobile? Feel free to post a question in the comments section or send us an email and we’ll be happy to answer!
*Note: We experienced some technical difficulties during our meeting, so the recording of the webinar has been re-recorded. All the questions from the Q&A section are mentioned at the end of this post.
- Review of Existing Resources
- What is new in wMobile
- Open Q&A
Existing wMobile Resources
- Check out the wMobile Product Page on our website to access the following:
- Online User Guide
- Upcoming Training
- Latest Update downloader
- Release Notes
- Blog Articles such as the latest article written by wMobile’s lead developer on Configuring wMobile Virtual File System (VFS)
- Request Technical Support
- Email Tech Support
What is new in wMobile Phone Edition
You can now save email drafts in wMobile Phone Edition. To access drafts go to your online inbox and then find the folder “Local Draft”.
What’s new in wMobile Desktop Edition
- Layout enhancement for tablets
- Record Type improvement on New record creation
- Improved Email entry
- Support for editing activities scheduled for multiple users
- Dashboard enhancement
- SQL query enhancement
- File to History and Delete email option fixed
- Export to PDF from Pending/History Activity list fixed
- Display issues with Internet Explorer and Firefox
- Missing scrollbar on activities with long notes
Support for iPads and now tablets
- Operating System is detected by wMobile Desktop
- Tablet operating systems are automatically detected
- Settings are under Tools | Options
- You can also change the Zoom level for your mobile devices here as well.
New Email Entry
- Email entry similar to GoldMine
- Ability to add, edit and fix email attributions.
Support for editing multiple activities
- User will now be prompted to edit for current user or all
Dashboard navigation enhancement
- Drill-down features
- For example if you want to see “Past Due Calls” click on the specific number and you will be able to see more details.
wMobile Desktop SQL Queries
- In order for Tools -> Sql Manager to work the “contact1 accountno” has to be included in the query (watch the User Group Video for more detailed information)
File to History and Delete
- Refresh is now immediate
wMobile Extended Export to CSV and PDF
- This has now been resolved
Display issues with Firefox and Internet Explorer
- User Options (IE9)
- Tabs didn’t resize properly (IE11)
- Additional Contacts and Links tabs (Firefox)
Missing scrollbar on Activities with long notes
- The scrollbar only appears after enough lines are added
Email retrieval gets automatically disabled if the fetcher service cannot connect 3 times. This is to save resources on the server, so defunct accounts don’t get checked repeatedly. Settings can be adjusted for customers’ needs in the wMobile Manager Console.
- Option to send email from Linked Docs tab (December)
- Support for Scheduled Activity Notifications (January)
- Support for Recurring Activities (January)
- Support for GoldMine Knowledgebase (January)
- Support for Referral Relationships (March)
- Support for drag and drop emails into folders (March)
- Support for adding attachments in wMobile Phone (March)
wMobile Open Questions & Answers
- Q: I was wondering if there is a way to show everything on the calendar even items without a time.
A: No, this works in the same way that GoldMine does. In order to put activities on the calendar, there must be a time associated with them. Otherwise, they can be viewed in the Activity list.
- Q: I just updated our wMobile to 184.108.40.2065 but I noticed yours showed 220.127.116.115. Which should I be using?
A: wMobile 18.104.22.1685 was the last public build. I update wMobile with beta builds for testing. A new public build was posted on Thursday, December 18th. It’s 22.214.171.1248.