wMobile User Group: Using Email in wMobile Desktop
On February 28, we had our wMobile User Group Meeting focused on the topic: Using Email in wMobile Desktop.
Our next meeting will be on May 30, which will highlight the topic: Filter Bars in wMobile Desktop.
A huge thank you to everyone who attended and participated! Below is the video recording, general notes, Speaker Deck presentation as well as the questions & answers.
Still have questions about wMobile? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Review of Existing Resources
- Features and Fixes in wMobile
- Focus Topic: Using Email in wMobile
- Open Q&A
- Website Rebranding for UpCurve Cloud
- Posted on wMobile Product Page
- Included in quarterly newsletter (every 3 months)
- wMobile Installer will always check for latest release
- You must be on maintenance to update
- wMobile Content
- wMobile User Group - Quarterly
- wMobile Newsletter – Quarterly and will include webinar recap posts
- wMobile Blog Posts – New content monthly
- New GoldMine Content
- GoldMine Webinars:
- GoldMine User Group – Quarterly
- GoldMine Showcase Webinar – Quarterly
- GoldMine Blog Posts - Monthly
- GoldMine Newsletter - New content every month
- GoldMine Webinars:
For additional information on product updates, see the Speaker Deck deck below.
What’s new in wMobile (General)
- Rebranding for UpCurve Cloud
- W-Systems domain references updated to UpCurve Cloud for installers and license activation
- License info can now be updated in the wMobile Manager Console
- Add custom fields in opportunities
- Improvements in POP3/IMAP connection and testing processes in the Manager Console
- Add support for local email deletion if the email failed to be deleted from the server
- Add support to deactivate calls over GoldMine SQL log tables logs such as CONTTLOG, GMTLOG
- Add support for dBase expression for Cal activity
- Add wDiag check on Contact2 and ContuDef fields
- Add wDiagnostic desktop shortcut
- Error when accessing records if records assigned to a new or deleted GM User Group
- wMobile not respecting activity Private flag in rendering calendars
- Improvements to Lookup.ini processing
Feature Topic: Using Email in wMobile Desktop
- The topic selected in our last poll was Using Email in wMobile Desktop
Topics for Next User Group
- Email Merge in wMobile Desktop
- Managing Opportunities in wMobile Phone
- Using the wMobile Diagnostic Tool
- Changing Logging Levels in the wMobile Manager Console
- Winning Topic for May: Filter Bars in wMobile Desktop
- Relationships in wMobile Phone [April]
- Referrals in wMobile [April]
- Update Telerik Version [June]
- Next wMobile User Group – Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- Q: Can online emails be automatically moved into the GoldMine Inbox?
A: Not at this time, but it is a requested feature, and is included in our wMobile roadmap.
Q: In wMobile Phone, when you look at the Calendar in Month View, days have Activities are bolded, but in the Day View, none of the days containing Activities are bolded. Will you add this feature to the Calendar's Day View as well?
A: Yes, it is included in our product roadmap, and should be made available in a future wMobile release.