wMobile User Group: Using the SQL Manager
On June 23rd, we had our wMobile User Group Meeting focused on Using the SQL Manager. Our next meeting will be on August 26th, which will highlight the topic “Applying User Options in the Manager Console”.
A huge thank you to everyone who attended and participated! Below is the video recording, general notes, Speaker presentation as well as the questions & answers.
Still have questions about wMobile? Feel free to reach out to our team here, and we’ll be happy to answer!
- Review of Existing Resources
- Coming Attractions in wMobile
- Using SQL Manager
- Open Q&A
Existing wMobile Resources
- Check out the wMobile Product Page on our website to access the following:
- Posted on wMobile Product Page
- Included in the bi-monthly newsletter
- wMobile Installer will always check for the latest release
- You must be on maintenance to update
What’s new in wMobile
We have not had a public release of wMobile since April 30th while we work on some big changes.
Coming Attractions in wMobile
- Support for Projects
- Support for recurring activities
- Activities notifications
- User Group Topic: Using the SQL Query Manager
Blog Posts about Using the SQL Query Manager
- Tutorial: Using SQL Queries in wMobile Desktop (Part 1)
- Tutorial: Using SQL Queries in wMobile Desktop (Part 2: A Sequel to SQL)
- Support for Projects (July)
- Support for Recurring Activities (July)
- Support for Scheduled Activity Notifications
(via email - June/SMS – July/UI notifications in Desktop - Sept)
- Support for Referral Relationships (August)
- Next User Group – August 26th at 2:00 PM EST
wMobile Open Questions & Answers
- Q: Is there a way when wMobile on the phone is launched that the email is refreshed automatically instead of having to hit refresh 2 or 3 times?
A: This would be a setting in the wManagerConsole under Email → EmailFetcherMinCheckInterval which by default is set to 30 minutes.
You may want to change this to 5 or 10 minutes, but be advised that all of these settings work together. For example, the EmailFetcher every 30 minutes goes and checks the ISP or server mailbox based on default settings 3 times (3 times over 30 minutes). If it tries to connect those 3 times over 90 minutes (3 x 30 minutes) and fails, then the auto retrieval stops so server resources are not wasted.
If you are going to change the EmailFetcherMinCheckInterval and lower it from the default of 30 down to 5 or 10 minutes, you may want to increase the AccountConnectionMaxRetries so accounts do not get disabled inappropriately.
- Q: Is tabbing through fields when creating a contact available yet?
A: This is still an open ticket for Phone but on desktop this works based on the tab order that you have set in GoldMine.
A problem with the tab order in wMobile Desktop was fixed in release 188.8.131.522. The current build, as of this post, is 3.1.3.080. If you’re having a problem with tab order, wMobile should be updated. If there’s still a problem, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: Is there any way to have activities go to a local phone calendar? I know it can be done individually, but what about as a group?
A: This functionality does not exist at this point, only as a group. Within wMobile, we don’t have the capability for synchronizing activities.
Our next meeting will highlight: Applying User Options in the Manager Console